Ph: 07 571 0271


Gas Safety - Ask to see the Card

Ask to See the Card

Check out the video from the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Drainlayers Board website, to see one small way we can all help to keep our RV community safer when it comes to having Gas in our home away from home.

Having a Gas Certificate and Gas Appliance Endorsement is just as important as having an EWOF (Electrical Warrant of Fitness) or vehicle COF / WOF (Certificate / Warrant of Fitness) check for your RV. All of these are designed for the safety of you the occupants and also those around you. One simple way you can check to make sure the person doing any gas work on your RV is Licensed is to Ask to See the Card, do not be afraid to ask, it is your RV and your safety at risk. Most Certified Gas fitters would be proud to show you their card and happy that you have asked to see it. They pay quite a fee to be able to have a card and be registered, so don't take to kindly to those in their industry who are not. This will help to give you piece of mind that the person doing the work knows what they are doing and is up to date with current safety rules and regulations.

We are finding a lot of people are unsure if their RV has a Gas Certificate. There are simple ways you can check this yourself. If the certificate has been issued after 01 October 2013, go to the Energy Safety Website (see link below). Certifications prior to this can be found via the pgdb (Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Drain Layers Board) website (see link below). Alternatively you can contact the person who issued the certificate if known, as they are obligated to keep copies for up to 7 years.

Energy Safety - (you can also check regarding your EWOF at this site).

Plumbers, Gas Fitters & Drain Layers Board -

Remember it is OK and also your right to Ask to See the Card.


This product has been added to your cart